Assistant Manager will assist the Manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the Manager’s absence, the assistant manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives set forth by Regional Manager, Broker, and Owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values. In addition, Assistant Manager will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting of rents and deposits while assisting with the leasing, marketing, and resident relations for the property.
Conduct all business in accordance with company Policy and Procedures, Tax Credit Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
- Ensure that all rent and late fees are collected and posted in a timely manner
- Ensure that all bank deposits are made daily.
- Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Update required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
- Organize and file all applicable reports, leases, and tax credit paperwork.
- Proof read all lease paperwork and process move-ins and move-outs.
- Timely processing of SODAS in accordance with state law.
- Provide accounting support for Manager.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Handle inquiries from prospective new residents.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Responsible for keeping monthly records on lease renewals and terminations.
- Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance personnel
- Inspect move-out and vacancies when requested by Manager, Area Manager, Broker or Owner.
- Accept service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-ups with resident when work is completed.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Position prefers 1 year experience in on-site property management or retail sales, tax credit experience also preferred. High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Word Processing/On-Site Rental System
- Full time hours – hourly position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 60% of time is spent on feet and 40% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need to perform following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, inspect and show property, open and close doors, reach above shoulders, store/receive supplies.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, client communications, telephone communications, use of office equipment.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community and surroundings neighborhood, run property errands, make trips to the bank and visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.