Property Manager is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. Manager must accomplish the property objectives set forth by Regional Manager, Broker, and Owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values. In addition, Manager will train, educate, and instruct office staff on completing day to day functions involved property management.
Conduct all business in accordance with company Policy and Procedures, Tax Credit Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure that all rent and late fees are collected and posted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all bank deposits are made daily.
- Maintain accurate record of all property transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-out, etc.).
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificate of insurance.
- Hire, orient, train and supervise all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of property.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Ensure all administrative process involving on-site staff are handled on a timely basis(i.e., performance evaluations, timesheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are complete and input into software system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all tax credit paperwork is complete and receive approval from Compliance Department.
- Maintain pristine condition of office and model/market ready apartments.
- Responsible for entering and attaching all invoices and approved purchase orders in the on-site rental system for payment.
- Submit required reports to corporate office on weekly and monthly basis accurately and timely.
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Timely processing of SODAS in accordance with state law.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the reason of the move out.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Handle inquiries from prospective new residents.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Conduct monthly market surveys and physically shop competitors.
- Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis by conducting regular inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Monitor all maintenance activities. Implement the Preventative Maintenance Program in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure all work orders are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Ensure proper response and handling of all property emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on property, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules
- Complete any pertinent safety checklists with service staff.
- Position prefers 3 years’ experience in on-site property management, tax credit experience also preferred; 1 year as Manager. Must have background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishments. High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System
Work Hours: Full time hours – salaried position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 60% of time is spent on feet and 40% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need to perform following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, inspect and show property, open and close doors, reach above shoulders, store/receive supplies
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, client communications, telephone communications, use of office equipment.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community and surroundings neighborhood, run property errands, make trips to the bank and visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.