Groundskeeper / Porter is responsible for upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. Upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots, but not limited to. The Groundskeeper / Porter will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the community in an efficient manner.
Conduct all business in accordance with company Policy and Procedures, Tax Credit Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
- Attend and participates in training seminars as requested or required.
- Attend scheduled corporate management meetings.
- Cleans grounds and remove litter.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Remove trash from office areas.
- Assist in the daily clean up and maintenance of the exterior of the property including grounds, breezeways, and all common areas.
- Assist in preparation ready units, including remove thrash from vacant units prior to make ready.
- Assist in cleaning of available units and models.
- Remove graffiti and other markings that would affect curb appeal.
- Report all liability issues and property incidents to corporate office staff immediately.
- High School diploma or equivalent. 1 year trade school or 6 month work experience in grounds keeper or landscaping setting. Basic knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, pool maintenance, and appliance repair preferred. Having basic hand tools normally used in common construction, maintenance and landscaping preferred.
Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System
Work Hours: Full time hours – hourly position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 60% of time is spent on feet and 40% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need to perform following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, inspect and show property, open and close doors, reach above shoulders, store/receive supplies.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, client communications, telephone communications, use of office equipment.