Service Manager will assist Property Manager with overall maintenance operation of the property and work with maintenance staff to control and oversee maintenance program. Responsibilities will include but not limited to assisting, supporting, and training staff, addressing all maintenance issues and repairs, assisting in capital projects and renovations as well as monitoring budget compliance. Must be a “hands-on” maintenance person with a strong work ethic.
Conduct all business in accordance with company Policy and Procedures, Tax Credit Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
- Maintain accurate work order requests/on call log records by recording time spent on assignment and solution of task.
- Assist in the bidding process of all capital projects as directed by Regional Maintenance Supervisor.
- Complete purchase orders for ordering supply and maintaining inventory of appliances and maintenance supplies.
- Assist in the preparation of bi-annual property inspections.
- Complete any reporting consisting of make-ready availability, work order completion and customer need satisfaction.
- Assist with vendor relations and the monitoring of vendor contracts.
- Attend and participates in training seminars as requested or required.
- Attend scheduled corporate management meetings.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings outlined in Safety Manual.
- Assist the Property Manager in maintaining the daily up-keep of all mechanical equipment per the preventative maintenance program (i.e. HVAC, water heaters, smoke alarms, fire alarms, fire systems, back flows, roof inspections, landscaping, etc.)
- Reports any maintenance concerns or repairs to the Regional Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager and Regional Manager as appropriate.
- Direct and assist on-site maintenance staff in various maintenance functions such as: work orders, apartment make ready, plumbing, HVAC, electrical issues, etc.
- Ensure the Preventative Maintenance Program is followed in order to maintain the property standards.
- Assist in the daily clean up and maintenance of the exterior of the property including grounds, breezeways, and all common areas.
- Assist Manager with annual unit inspections.
- Assist Property Manager on special projects (i.e. preventative maintenance of building and mechanical equipment, exterior painting, asphalt resurfacing, pool resurfacing, etc)
- Assist in property and resident functions as needed.
- Conduct on-going training with maintenance staff (i.e. equipment training, workplace safety, and any other of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Delegate assignments appropriately to all maintenance personnel.
- Assist in evaluations and counseling of all maintenance personnel.
- Report all liability issues and property incidents to corporate office staff immediately.
- High School diploma or equivalent. EPA Certification. 1 year trade school or 1 – 3 years work experience equivalence. Ability to manage maintenance staff. Adequate knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, pool maintenance, and appliance repair. Must have hand tools normally used in common construction, maintenance and landscaping. Additional tools include HVAC tools, multi-meter, paint sprayer, drain cleaner, refrigerant recovery unit, key machines, pool equipment and associated chemicals.
Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System
Work Hours: Full time hours – hourly position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies. Must be on-call on weekends for after hour emergency services.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 90% of time is spent on feet and 10% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need to perform following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, inspect and show property, open and close doors, reach above shoulders, store/receive supplies.
- Constant need to perform heaving physical labor.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community and surroundings neighborhood, run property errands, make trips to the bank and visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.