Service Technician will maintain the day-to-day operations and assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Service Manager and/or Property Manager. Various hands-on, intense manual labor responsibilities will include but are not limited to apartment make ready, market ready inspection, HVAC troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting, fixture installations, plumbing troubleshooting, pool maintenance and repair, carpentry and minor construction, drywall repair, vinyl and carpet repair, appliance repair, etc.
Conduct all business in accordance with company Policy and Procedures, Tax Credit Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
- Maintain accurate work order requests/on call log records by recording time spent on assignment and solution of task.
- Assist with ordering supply and maintaining inventory of appliances and maintenance supplies.
- Assist in the preparation of bi-annual property inspections.
- Assist in the preparation of any reports consisting of make-ready availability, work order completion and customer need satisfaction.
- Attend and participates in training seminars as requested or required.
- Attend scheduled corporate management meetings.
- Assist the Property Manager and the Service Manager in maintaining the daily up-keep of all mechanical equipment per the preventative maintenance program (i.e. HVAC, water heaters, smoke alarms, fire alarms, fire systems, back flows, roof inspections, landscaping, etc.)
- Diagnose problems and assist with various maintenance functions such as: work orders, apartments make ready, major appliances, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, sheetrock, general carpentry, painting, pool care, etc.
- Assist in the daily clean up and maintenance of the exterior of the property including grounds, breezeways, and all common areas.
- Assist Manager with annual unit inspections.
- Assist with apartment cleaning/trash out at time of move-outs.
- Report all liability and property incidents to corporate office staff immediately.
- High School diploma or equivalent. 1 year trade school or 6 month work experience. Good working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, pool maintenance, and appliance repair. Must have hand tools normally used in common construction, maintenance and landscaping.
Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System
Work Hours: Full time hours – hourly position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies. Must be on-call on weekends for after hour emergency services.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 90% of time is spent on feet and 10% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need to perform following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, inspect and show property, open and close doors, reach above shoulders, store/receive supplies.
- Constant need to perform heaving physical labor.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community and surroundings neighborhood, run property errands, make trips to the bank and visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.